Specific requirements for the admission
Possession of one of the following qualifications:
- “Laurea Specialistica” or “Laurea Magistrale” awarded in accordance with the Italian DM 509/1999 and subsequent amendment and additions;
- “Laurea” or “Diploma di Laurea” awarded in earlier courses whose legal duration is at least four years;
- A degree from a foreign University equivalent to the above degrees.
In the letter case, if the title has not already officially declared equivalent to the Italian degree, the decision on admission will solely demanded to the Scientific committee of the PhD program.
Overall evaluation procedure
Admission will be structure in two phases:
- In the first phase, the examination board evaluates the applicants curriculum and all the documents attached to their applications, as specified below;
- In the second phase, the examination consists of an interview with the candidate.
Evaluation procedure (first phase)
The evaluation (first phase) of the examination board will be based on the following criteria:
- candidate’s curriculum and publications (maximum 60 points);
- other scientific merits (maximum 10 points);
- research proposal submitted by the applicant for his Ph.D. (maximum 20 points).
Please, notice that the research proposal will not necessarily represent the research that the applicant will develop during his Ph.D. Program.
- reference letters (maximum 10 points);
Only applicants who receive a total score of at least 60/100 after the above evaluation will be admitted to the second phase (interview).
Interview (second phase of evaluation procedure)
The interview is based on the discussion of the candidate’s curriculum, publications and research proposal. During the interview, the knowledge of at least one foreign language of the European Union will be assessed. The maximum score for the interview is 50 points. Only candidates scoring a minimum of 30 points will pass the interview. The interview can be held either in Italian or in English.
Documents to be attached to the application (together with the documents specified in the official call)
- Curriculum and publications
- Other scientific merits useful for the evaluation of the applicants
- Proposal for a three years research project
- Reference letters
Brief description of the application procedure
All applicants must submit their Ph.D. application form, only using the format attached to the upcoming official call of the University of Napoli “Parthenope”.
The applications, duly filled, must be addressed and delivered to: Rettore dell’Università degli Studi di Napoli “Parthenope”, Via Acton, 38 – 80133 Napoli – UFFICIO PROTOCOLLO.
The applications can be sent by PEC mail, delivered by hand or sent by regular mail. They must be delivered before the deadline that will be reported in the official call.